My name is Michael Hoffmann, a freelance web and app developer based in Munich/ Germany. I hold a Masters in Electrical Engineering from the reknown Technical University of Munich (TUM) and have 4+ years of professional experience.
I work for businesses of all sizes and have experience with both small and medium enterprises and corporates. In my career I have developed, maintained and launched multiple projects from scratch or improved an existing code base. Get in touch, if you like to receive a detailed list of projects I have worked on so far.
Programming is my passion – but especially developing complex business applications both in frontend and in backend. I totally enjoy my work as a freelance developer and developing private projects under the pseudonym Mokkapps. The reason why I write blog posts, do talks or write articles is that I like to share my knowledge with others. Therefore, I also try to share most of my projects via GitHub.
If I do not invest my time in coding I'm usually playing video games or doing sports.
Just contact me if you would like me to work for you.
HOW I WORK
What I Do
- I specialize in building web applications written in React and Angular. I always develop them with your end-user in mind as this will also help you to meet your business goals
- I am interested in doing development work in backend & frontend applications
- I am reliable and honest to my customers and clients
- I produce high quality, clean, well-documented and easily maintainable code while respecting deadlines and budgets
- I use high code quality standards and static code analyzer
- I create beautifully responsive products which work cross a variety of devices and browsers
- I value accessible, valid and semantic HTML
- I use modernized CSS using Grid, Flexbox, and Animations
- I love to use ReactiveExtensions (RxJS)
- I like to write tests (unit, integration and end-to-end)
- I have advanced Git knowledge
Who I Work With
I enjoy working in a close relationship with international teams onsite. It is great fun for me to learn about new industries, especially if the product has a positive impact.
What I Don't Do
Usually, I do not develop simple websites but am more interested in complex web applications or mobile apps.
I can provide simple logos or help you pick typography or colors. In case you need further help with your brand, I am happy to connect you with a trusted graphic and brand designer.