In the past, I stumbled upon many interesting tools by investigating the development setups of other developers. Therefore, I thought I could also present you my setup.
I change up things sometimes, so this page will serve as a living document and a place to point curious developers to when I get asked.
IDE + Editor + Terminal
- Visual Studio Code as text editor
- IntelliJ Ultimate as IDE
- iTerm2 as terminal including Oh My Zsh with avit theme
- Cascadia Code as my monospaced font
- Firefox as my main browser
- Notion all-in-one workspace for notes, docs, tasks, todos and more
- Enpass for password management
- Franz as messaging app
- Spotify for music streaming
- Alfred App an productivity app for macOS
- Dash an API documentation browser
- Timing as automatic time tracker for macOS
- Alfred instead of Spotlight on macOS
I am using a MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) for development and a custom-built desktop PC for gaming.
I use the Varmillo VA88M ISO-DE with clear MX switches:
I use the Logitech MX Master 2 Wireless Mouse as wireless mouse.
I am using the Bose QuietComfort 35